Students dress up as sports for the penultimate day of spirit week

Imogen Weiss
    Alice Agostinelli (’22), Maxime Wandsworth (’22), and Rachel Brooks (’22) pose in their soccer related clothing Feb. 13 for sports day. The Freshman dressed up as baseball; the juniors dressed up as basketball; and the senior wore yoga related attire.

Each grade was assigned a specific sport to dress as for the fourth and penultimate day, Feb. 13, of Spirit Week. Grade 9 were assigned baseball, sporting lots of jerseys from the MLB. Grade 10 wore soccer gear, while Grade 11 had basketball and Grade 12 dressed up in yoga attire. 

Laura De Beer (‘20) enjoyed dressing up in yoga clothes. In regards to Spirit Week in general, she said that the “build-up throughout the week has been really good.” 

De Beer is most excited for tomorrow’s assembly and color day.

“This year, our grade has really put in the effort to make sure our dance is good and we got hoodies and decorated Bottom O…It’s been nice to bond as a grade,” she said. 

The spirit assembly will take place tomorrow during lunch in the Farmer Gym where it will be revealed which grade earned the most spirit points and bring home the spirit cup for the year..  

Currently, the spirit point totals for each grade are as follows:

Grade 9: 362 points

Grade 10: 363 points

Grade 11: 394 points

Grade 12: 484 points

Emily Forgash
    Students sit and chat during the Student vs Faculty basketball game, which took place Feb. 12. There are new black and orange bleachers in the Farmer Gym this year which coincided with the days black and orange theme.

Yesterday was Black and Orange day. The theme, inspired by the school’s colors, brought lots of Eagles apparel to the hallways of the High School.

To create excitement around the day, a student vs faculty basketball game took place after school. The students team won the game. This was followed by varsity basketball match-ups against Cobham. Both the boys and girls team won their games.

Keep an eye out for upcoming mutli-media content from The Standard regarding the Spirit Day basketball games.