ASL to partake in LSSA Spring Festival

Helen Roth

As a replacement for spring ISSTs, ASL will be taking part in an online LSSA Spring Festival between May 4 and 8. All students from Grade 5 to 12 are welcome to participate in a variety of six spring season sports events (baseball, crew, golf, softball, tennis and track and field), six generic athletic challenges (flexibility, reaction time, power, strength, stamina, and dedication), plus a community spotlight challenge which will showcase singing, dancing and other talents for points. 

Not only will the traditional LSSA schools be involved (ASL, ACS Cobham, Hillingdon and Egham, TASIS and Marymount), but so will Aberdeen International School, St John’s International School and the International School of Bangkok. 

The LSSA Spring Festival website details the instructions and rules for submitting challenges, which are recorded by the student. All students have an unlimited amount of entries and can earn bonus points by completing extra challenges such as dressing up in their school colors or including a family member in their video. Students who complete six or more challenges are also eligible for a spot on the Hall of Fame. The school with the most points will be crowned LSSA Spring Festival champions. 

The submission window is from 9 a.m. May 4 to 11:59 p.m. May 8. There will be live score updates daily between 6 PM to 7 PM, with the LSSA winners announced on the morning of May 9.