Starbucks seasonal drinks review

Sophia Bassi
Starbucks has released its new holiday drink specials. Staff Writers Sophia Bassi and Clara Martinez review the the Toffee Nut Latte, Eggnog Latte, Truffle Deluxe Hot Chocolate and Gingerbread Frappuccino.

As lights are hung and evergreen trees appear in windows, the holiday season is in full swing. Adding to the holiday spirit comes Starbucks’ new holiday menu, including sandwiches, snacks and confections; and, most notably, as of Nov. 6, the Starbucks on St. John’s Wood High Street introduced the Toffee Nut Latte, Eggnog Latte, Truffle Deluxe Hot Chocolate and Gingerbread Frappuccino.

Toffee Nut Latte 

After the first sip of the Toffee Nut Latte, priced £3.15, it is clear that it has a very strong coffee taste. Along with its silky consistency, the latte is perfect for anyone who needs a boost of energy. However, the drink fails to fit its descriptors; with no distinct toffee or nut undertones, there is very little sweetness in the drink. 

Deluxe Hot Chocolate 

The Deluxe Hot Chocolate fits its description perfectly with a smooth texture and a strong chocolate taste. Additionally, it is served warm, providing comfort to a cold winter day. However, the chocolate flavor is a bit generic and bland; there are no exciting or strong flavors that stick out upon trying it. The drink can therefore be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their preferences, but considering the £3.10 price tag, it is not as exciting as expected.

Eggnog Latte 

When tasting the Eggnog Latte, priced £3.15, one is immediately hit with a rich sensation of warm spices; it brings back nostalgic memories of festive family fun and celebration. Because of this richness, the drink is quite thick in texture and has a strong taste that may only appeal to some. If you’re looking to quech your thirst, this may not be the most hydrating option. On the other hand, it’s seasonal, familiar and brings back memories of the holiday season.

Gingerbread Frappuccino

With the Gingerbread Frappucino’s refreshing undertone of milk combined with its strong gingerbread taste, the sweetness of the drink is balanced out perfectly. The chunks of gingerbread included add additional sweetness and texture, justifying its £3.15 price tag.