Top 5 podcasts for every genre

Podcasts+are+a+convenient+and+engaging+method+of+igniting+curiosity%2C+expanding+knowledge+and+learning+about+new+perspectives.+Culture+Editor%3A+Online+Grace+Hamilton+shares+the+best+podcasts+for+every+genre.+
Grace Hamilton
Podcasts are a convenient and engaging method of igniting curiosity, expanding knowledge and learning about new perspectives. Culture Editor: Online Grace Hamilton shares the best podcasts for every genre.

News – The Daily 

Nothing beats “The Daily.” This podcast from the New York Times is, without a doubt, my go-to podcast every morning. Hosted by Michael Barbaro, “The Daily” covers the top news story on any given day and typically involves interviews from New York Times journalists reporting on those stories. Episodes range from 15 to 35 minutes and are posted every weekday in a conversational style. For those in a rush, these reasonably-lengthed episodes are an excellent source of news. Each episode is engaging, interesting and explains the topic in a way that is straightforward yet provides in-depth information.

Life – Anything Goes 

Anything Goes” is a well-known podcast hosted by YouTuber Emma Chamberlain. Made famous for her humor and relatability, Chamberlain gives her honest take on a wide range of subjects in her podcast. From burnout to healthy relationships to fashion, “Anything Goes” offers numerous episodes covering important topics that are sure to enhance your life and provide advice on various challenges. Perhaps the main appeal of this podcast lies in how casual and lighthearted each episode is. 

True crime – In the Dark

True crime is not for everyone, but for those that enjoy it, this is one of the best podcasts of the genre. “In the Dark” is narrated by reporter Madeleine Baran, and investigates many crime stories and how the American judicial system handled each case. The podcast strikes a perfect balance between crime stories and explaining the judicial system. Each season contains a set of episodes following the story of a new crime or offender. This is a must-listen for those interested in true crime and criminal justice. 

Education – TED Talks Daily 

We have all heard of TED Talks  — one of the most popular series to become inspired and gather knowledge on a range of topics. The podcast version of the classic YouTube TED Talks follows a similar format: short talks on a variety of subjects, all navigated by experts. Every weekday, “TED Talks Daily” posts a podcast of the latest TED Talk from speakers that are the “world’s leading thinkers and creations.” Exploring almost every topic imaginable, this podcast has a TED Talk for anyone, regardless of interest. “TED Talks Daily” is remarkably worthwhile and guarantees an introduction to new perspectives, discovering new knowledge and igniting curiosity. 

Science – Overheard at National Geographic 

National Geographic, considered one of the most prestigious and highly regarded publications, has a podcast counterpart. “Overheard at National Geographic” shares the various conversations overheard at National Geographic headquarters. Hosted by Peter Gwin and Amy Briggs, each episode aims to bring attention to nature and the beautiful features of the planet many tend to forget in their busy lives. Whether it be microbial life on Mars, snow leopards in the Himalayas or chasing tornados, each episode brings the listener on an entirely new adventure that provides great insight into the world around us.