Top 5 London coffee shops

Grace Hamilton
London’s ever-growing coffee culture offers countless artisan roasters, independent shops and chains. Whether you need an early morning caffeine boost or simply an afternoon latte, these are the best cafes to get your coffee fix.

Coffee, whether it be vanilla lattes, cold brew or espresso, is a remarkably popular beverage. London’s ever-growing coffee culture offers countless artisan roasters, independent shops and chains. Whether you need an early morning caffeine boost or simply an afternoon latte, these are the best cafés to get your coffee fix.

Gentlemen Baristas 

Gentlemen Baristas, a traditional coffee house, is located in Covent Garden, Borough Market and Fitzrovia. Gentlemen Baristas offers flat whites, cold brew and macchiatos, among others. Additional syrup shots are also available upon request. Their latte, priced at £2.90, is a delicious blend with the perfect espresso to milk ratio. Gentlemen Baristas coffee is distinguished by its strong taste and silky consistency. The cafe itself is vintage with a charming atmosphere, enhanced by wooden tables, plants and decorations. Gentlemen Baristas is the perfect café to visit for a high-quality coffee experience. 

Arabica

Arabica, a modern and elegant shop in Covent Garden, exclusively sells coffee. Arabica’s menu consists of the common beverage choices of espressos, americanos and macchiatos, while also offering a variety of latte options: Spanish lattes, honey lattes and matcha lattes. Although expensive, with their latte priced at £7, the coffee is well worth the price. Arabica coffee is undoubtedly one of the highest-quality coffee shops in the city and is a must-visit for every Londoner.

Beatles Cafe 

It is difficult to find coffee better than the coffee sold at Beatles Cafe. If there is anything my friends will tell you about me, it is that I can’t seem to go a week without ordering a vanilla latte from the Beatles Cafe. Located adjacent to the St. John’s Wood tube station, the cafe is merely a three-minute walk from the school. In addition to the classic latte priced at £2.20, Beatles Cafe offers a range of beverages, from cappuccinos to mochas to americanos. Each coffee is distinguished by its frothy, smooth texture. Beatles Cafe is ideal for on-the-go coffee stops and early morning caffeine boosts.

Laurent’s 

Laurent’s, a French bakery located on St. John’s Wood High Street, serves classic cappuccinos, lattes and flat whites. The latte, priced at £3.10, strikes the perfect balance between a strong coffee taste and subtle hints of a sweet caramel and chocolate finish. Laurent’s is only a short walk from the school, making it a convenient stop for those hoping to satisfy their caffeine craving with tasty and high-quality coffee. 

Gail’s 

Gail’s, with many locations across the city, has both accessibility and quality going for it. It is no secret that Gail’s has delicious coffee, which is often evident by the line of customers out the door. The bakery serves a medium roast house blend consisting of coffee beans from Brazil, Guatemala, Rwanda and Costa Rica. The famous Gail’s latte, priced at £2.60, has a deep-toned coffee taste with hints of sweetness. Gail’s also offers flavor notes including walnut, muscovado sugar and caramel.