School will host Fall Fest to kick off year with Canons Park celebration

Campbell+Lazar+%28%E2%80%9923%29+runs+to+steal+the+ball+from+an+opposing+player+during+a+match+in+Spring+2020.+The+varsity+girls+and+boys+soccer+teams+will+return+to+Canons+Park+to+play+matches+during+Fall+Fest+Sept.+18.+
Clara Martinez
Campbell Lazar (’23) runs to steal the ball from an opposing player during a match in Spring 2020. The varsity girls and boys soccer teams will return to Canons Park to play matches during Fall Fest Sept. 18.

This Saturday, Sept. 18, the school is hosting an all-school Fall Festival, or Fall Fest, at Canons Park from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The festival will include food trucks, face paint stands, with the main event being the varsity boys and girls soccer matches, who will each be playing ACS Hillingdon and ACS Cobham. 

In 2016, the school hosted Spring Fest, which included the exact characteristics of Fall Fest but with spring sports, such as tennis, softball and baseball. 

In honor of this year’s theme of (Re)Connect, Athletics Director John Farmer said the Athletics Department wanted to kick the year off with a fun way to unite the entire school. 

“We want the whole community to come out and celebrate being together again after so many months with restriction,” he said. 

Farmer also said the combination of activities should provide something exciting for all students, regardless of age. 

“Having showcase soccer games along with bouncy castles, food trucks and more will hopefully attract students from all sections of the community to connect,” he said.