Top 5 Grammy looks

The+65th+annual+Grammy+Awards+took+place+in+Los+Angeles+Feb.+6%2C+gathering+music+artists+worldwide.+Before+the+ceremony+kicked+off%2C+some+of+the+music+industrys+biggest+stars+hit+the+red+carpet+in+their+boldest+looks.+
Zoe Karibian
The 65th annual Grammy Awards took place in Los Angeles Feb. 6, gathering music artists worldwide. Before the ceremony kicked off, some of the music industry’s biggest stars hit the red carpet in their boldest looks.

Since 1959, music stars from around the globe have come together in hopes of winning an award for their talents while showing off the latest looks from top designers. The Grammy’s dress code isn’t explicitly stated, but most dress in black or white-tie. While some stuck closely to simple suits and dresses, others pulled out all the stops and dressed in astonishing, eye-catching outfits.

The Grammy’s had 91 awards this year, which included Record of Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year and many more. Artists are first nominated for awards, and then the final winner is announced at the event. What began as an awards ceremony has developed into an extravagant gala with live performances and lavish outfits.

1. Cardi B

Styled by Kollin Carter, Cardi B hit the red carpet in a stunning Gaurav Gupta gown from the Indian designer’s couture collection. The rapper paired the look with dangling diamond earrings and a three-finger diamond ring, drawing attention to her black stiletto manicure. Cardi B opted for dark smokey eyes, dramatic lashes and brown-lined lips for her makeup look.

Cardi B looked spectacular in her vibrant blue gown that possessed structure and movement, adding a touch of elegance to her reputation of provocative looks. The veil-like element brought her ensemble to life, providing an innovative and fresh design. This look was extravagant and bold; in short, it was Cardi B.  

1. Jennifer Lopez

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @gucci

American actor, singer and dancer Jennifer Lopez stunned as a presenter in her glamorous Gucci gown. The custom navy dress consisted of a corset bodysuit leading into a sheer, ruffled train. Glittering rhinestones also adorned the flowing dress. She paired the navy gown with Bulgari diamond necklaces and “JLO Jennifer Lopez” heels.

Known for her adventurous and sparkly dresses, Jennifer Lopez did not disappoint. The sharpness of the rhinestones complemented the flow of the satin base, and the navy dress highlighted her complexion. While the V-neck and slit design is classic for the star, she managed to stick to her style while still providing an innovative look. 

1. Saint Jhn

Saint Jhn was not the biggest A-List celebrity at the Grammys. Nevertheless, he turned heads with his wide-legged tuxedo. Styled by Maison Margiela, Jhn appeared minimalist yet chic. The rapper paired the look with an assortment of accessories, including a black leather Margiela clutch, black-out sunglasses and a Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra necklace atop diamond skulls.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by SAIN?? (@saintjhn)

Even though a two-piece tux could have proved too simple, Saint Jhn managed to elevate the look. Opting for a shirtless suit, the artist brought an understated elegance to a traditional tux. The artist also embraced the return of ’80s wide-legged trousers. Amid all the standard and overworn suits, Saint Jhn managed to pull off a look that was especially striking and unique.

1. Lizzo

Lizzo stepped out for the Grammy’s in her custom-made Dolce & Gabbana dress. Bright flowers adorned the voluminous orange gown, covering her from head to toe. Underneath the cape, a matching fitted bodice was revealed. Along with the bodice and cape, an orange flower decorated her side-swept curls.

Not one to stray from a bold look, Lizzo delivered yet another ostentatious outfit. The all-orange look accompanied with orange eyeshadow and nails created a unified and exciting display. She flawlessly pulled off the modernistic beauty trend of blending eyeshadow into blush. Additionally, the flowers provided a botanical feel which contrasted with the intense color. 

1. Jack Harlow

Following his breakout album “Come Home the Kids Miss You,” the young star nominated for Best Rap Album and Best Rap Song attended his second Grammy award ceremony dressed in a beige tuxedo. Designed by Ernest W. Baker, the suit was combined with black leather gloves and a sweater vest tucked underneath.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Check the Tag (@checkthetag)

For a celebrity at the height of his career, Jack Harlow’s ensemble was certainly a hit. The contrast of leather gloves and the beige sweater vest clashed in a surprisingly neat way. Furthermore, the beige was simplistically classic, adhering to the black tie dress code. The star’s look proved he could venture from his usual style while still serving an elegant look.