Teachers moving on from ASL

1. Greg Gerken

English Teacher Greg Gerken will be leaving ASL at the end of this year, having spent five years working in the athletics and English departments, while also teaching Outdoor Leadership and being a grade level dean. Gerken will be moving to Claremont, California, where he will teach humanities and English at The Webb Schools. “It was time for a new adventure,” he said. While he will miss living in London and the relationships he has forged at ASL, he is excited to move.

2. Michelle Gerken

Social Studies Department Head Michelle Gerken will be moving to Claremont, California at the end of the academic year after teaching classes such as World Civilizations and AP United States History in her five years at ASL. She will be teaching history and humanities, which includes philosophy, at The Webb Schools.  On her time at ASL, Gerken said her highlight was “accompanying [her students] on global partnership trips to South Africa and the Dominican Republic.”

3. Judy Kisor

Social Studies Teacher Judy Kisor has been at ASL for 21 years, serving roles as both a World Civilizations teacher and an AP Art History teacher. She will continue teaching at the Chadwick School outside Los Angeles, where she will be teaching Global Studies, World Religions, and U.S. History. “ASL has been a great place for me to grow and learn as a teacher,” Kisor said.

4. Meg Bailey

Social Studies Teacher and Grade 11 Dean Meg Bailey has been at ASL for 26 years. She has also taught Human Geography, an 11th and 12th grade elective. Bailey will also be teaching at the Chadwick School.

5. Howie Powers

Social Studies Teacher Howie Powers is leaving ASL after spending one year teaching social studies. Powers will be returning to teach at Princeton Day School in New Jersey after taking a year off. When asked about what he will miss the most, Powers said “I will miss my students, colleagues in the social studies department, and living in London the most after my year in London.”

6. Geoff Richman

Learning Specialist Geoff Richman has been at ASL for the past two years, having served in the SLD department. Richman will be moving from London to Atlanta to “administer a program at an independent school.” Richman will miss the “hard working and fun” students that he has worked with during his tenure at ASL.

7. Hilary McReynolds

Computer Science and Math Teacher Hilary McReynolds  has been teaching at ASL for two years. She also teaches in the math department as a teacher for Geometry with Proofs.

8. Ann Wade

Learning Specialist Ann Wade has been teaching at ASL for the past 11 years. Wade also worked at ASL in the mid-90’s, acting as SLD Department Head. Wade plans to retire from teaching and move to Florida. She will miss her students as well as her “wonderful” colleagues.

9. Ouma Alemadi

World Languages and Cultures Teacher Ouma Alemadi has been teaching Arabic at ASL for the past year. She will be staying in London for at least the coming year. “My contract with ASL was for one academic year, so I am leaving as it is not a decision,” she said. Alemadi said that she has enjoyed getting to know the students and staff.

10. Tamatha Bibbo

K-12 Service Learning Director Tamatha Bibbo has been at ASL for the past three years. Bibbo has connected with students, building relationships among adults and students and helping ASL connect to its local community. She will be moving to Massachusetts, where she will be a Middle School principal. Bibbo said that she will miss the excitement for learning and the dedicated faculty and staff at ASL.

11. Peter Watson

PE Teacher Peter Watson has been at ASL for seven years, teaching both middle school and high school physical education. Watson will be moving to Shanghai, where he will teach physical education and act as assistant athletic and activities coordinator. Watson says that the worst part of leaving ASL is “leaving [the] teams that I’ve been coaching.”

12. Andrea Siaflas

Social Studies Teacher Andrea Siaflas has taught classes ranging from World Civilizations to U.S. History during her time at ASL. She will be living and teaching in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

ankit_mehra@asl.org

lev_cohen@asl.org