Most anticipated movies of 2015

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Star Wars fans rejoice: The first installment of the new Star Wars trilogy comes to theaters in December 2015. With Disney now owning the rights to the motion pictures, many people were worried, however these doubts were assuaged when it was announced that J.J. Abrams will be directing the first film. Abrams has previously directed Star Trek, an incredible space adventure film, with stunning effects and amazing music choice. The story is set 30 years after the events of episode six, with actors Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher all reprising their classic roles alongside new actors. A new generation of fans (since the first film came out in 1977) is finally given a chance to enjoy one of the greatest film adventures of all time, in a new light. Overall, this new start to the Star Wars franchise will without out a doubt be the best movie of 2015.

2.  Avengers: Age of Ultron

The award nominated cast of the Avengers return, with even more great actors including James Spader and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. This film is lining up to be one of the best movies of 2015. Marvel Studios has set the bar high with their previous films and have promised to live up to past standards. Marvel Studios recently revealed the rest of their movie line-up for the next five years. With DC Comics also announcing their future movie releases, this movie will be a great way to kick of the clash of the rival comic companies.

3. Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt. 2

Finally, after several years since the first Hunger Games, the saga draws to a close. The cast has not failed viewers thus far, and expectations are high for their final performance. As well as the highly acclaimed actors, Francis Lawrence returns to make this Hunger Games the best of the series. The first part to this movie doubtlessly entertained audiences worldwide, however, much more action is in store for the grand finale of the Hunger Games franchise.

4. Jurassic World

The park is finally open to the public, but does the danger from the past still lurk? Of course it does! Chris Pratt stars in the renewed Jurrasic Park series. In this film, the park’s scientist have bred a new dinosaur which is genetically enhanced and is meant to draw more tourism to the island. But, classically, the dinosaur runs loose to make yet another Jurassic Park film. Many people are excited to see the aspects from the old movies as well as new direction of the Jurassic Park films.

5. Spectre: James Bond

The world renowned British spy returns for his 24th motion picture on the big screen. The spy is set to return on November 6 with Daniel Craig as James Bond. Not much is known about the movie so far, but we do know that Bond takes on the evil organization SPECTRE, hence the name of the movie. There is still a lot to learn about the plot of the film, but I am sure that the actors and director will not let us down.

6. Mad Max: Fury Road

From director George Miller, the creator of the legendary Mad Max trilogy, comes Mad Max: Fury Road. Tom Hardy stars in this post apocalyptic film of war and madness. The film revolves around a road war that erupts in the arid dystopia seen in the previous Mad Max films. Most of the plot remains unannounced, but the trailer has revealed intense music and amazing special effects. The madness is set to return to the big screen on May 15.

7. Inside Out

Pixar strikes again! This time with another brilliant idea to sweep the attention of both children and adults. This film features little creatures who control the emotions of the mind of Riley, a young teenager adjusting to a new move. Her emotions, voiced by great comedians such as Amy Poehler and Lewis Black, are sure to bring joy to viewers of the world. This new family animation will come to theaters on June 19.

8. Tomorrowland

The amazing director of the Incredibles, Brad Bird, returns to direct Tomorrowland, a tale of interdimensional travel, robots, saving the world, and maybe even revenge. This futuristic story stars George Clooney as the protagonist of the film. The creativity of the film is absolutely striking, with a visionary and imaginary world, where anything is possible. Travel to Tomorrowland when it lands in theaters everywhere on May 22.

9. Divergent Series: Insurgent

Insurgent is lining up to be one of the best movies of 2015. The film follows divergent Tris (Shailene Woodley) as she searches for allies in the wakening of the revolution against Kate Winslet, the leader of the Erudite Faction. Fans will once again get to indulge in the dramatic relationship of Four (Theo James) and Tris. The movie guarantees much more action than the first installment and is expected to be one of the great movies of 2015.

10. Kingsman: The Secret Service

What better way to start of the best movie year ever than with a spy movie starring Colin Firth and Samuel L. Jackson? This movie features the Kingsmen, a secret service group that protect the world from evil. In this film, Firth’s character, Harry Hart, recruits Taron Egerton, an intelligent, ex-marine criminal, to be a part of Kingsmen. In this movie, the Kingsmen unite to fight villainous, tech genius Richmond Valentine (Samuel L. Jackson).  Already in theatres, don’t wait to watch this intriguing action movie!