New Director of Academic Advising Announced

Anne Richardson has been named as the new Director of Academic Advising and College Counseling.

After current Director of Academic Advising and College Counseling Patty Strohm announced her retirement at the end of last school year, the selection committee, started a worldwide search for her successor. The search culminated with three finalist candidates, each of whom visited the campus for two days earlier this month.

The selection committee consisting of administrators, including Head of School Coreen Hester and Principal Jack Phillips, announced the decision earlier today.

In an email sent to select grade 11 students who had lunch with Richardson during her on campus visit, Phillips wrote, “We believe that Ms. Richardson’s kindness, dedication to students and families, work ethic, leadership experience, and reputation within the college admissions world will serve you and ASL well.”

In her meeting with students Richardson mentioned that she intends to be in London throughout the summer to assist students with the college process and transitioning to a new counselor.

Richardson is currently working at Kents Hill School in Readfield, Maine serving as the the Director of College Counseling. In her 33 years of teaching she has served in various roles such as Academic Advising and the Director of Communications.

Richardson earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Oberlin College in 1983 and later attended Wesleyan University in 1993 where she earned an MA in Liberal Studies. Strohm will continue to work with students until July 1, after which Richardson will assume the duties of her new role.

Written by News Editor Cameron Campili and Lead News Editor Sourna Daneshvar, Jr.