Members of the Class of 2023 throw their caps into the air after receiving their diplomas at the graduation ceremony June 10. The ceremony featured speeches by Amaryllis Fox (’98), Co-Salutatorian Willa Blair (’23) and Co-Valedictorian Campbell Lazar (’23), as well as performances by the High School Concert Choir and Senior String Ensemble.
Nassef Sawiris

Class of 2023 commencement takes place at Central Hall Westminster

The Class of 2023 graduated at Central Hall Westminster June 10. Amidst the cheers and applause, students reflect on graduating.
Commencement speaker Amaryllis Fox (’98) delivers the commencement address June 10 about her experience in the CIA working to combat terrorism while simultaneously acknowledging their motivations. She ties this to the importance of perspective as the Class of 2023 begins new journeys. In addition to being a CIA veteran, Fox is a bestselling author, activist and Netflix show host. (Nassef Sawiris)

I’m nervous for what the future holds but I’m also really excited for the next chapter of my life.

— Nur Rahman (’23)

Co-Salutatorian Willa Blair (’23) delivers her speech during graduation June 10. Following an application process, Blair was selected as the salutatorian speaker and worked with Principal Devan Ganeshananthan to write and rehearse her speech. (Frank Harriss)

I was definitely terrified to give my speech, like right before and during, but afterwards, I felt proud of myself for doing it and glad that I did it.

— Willa Blair (’23)

Members of the graduating class perform “Vienna” by Billy Joel June 10, later rejoining the entire class on stage as everyone joined in for the chorus. After this performance, each student walked across the stage and received their diploma during the procession. (Frank Harriss)

I’m so happy to move on to a new chapter, but I’m obviously going to miss the ASL community.

— Cashin Young (’23)

Campbell Lazar (’23), Co-Valedictorian for the Class of 2023, delivers her graduation address at the commencement ceremony June 10. In addition to Lazar, Elena Alexander (’23), Darren Morris (’23) and Ella Podurgiel (’23) were recognized as valedictorians of the Class of 2023. (Sophia Bateman)

I love the students, and I’ve loved being with them for the last few years.

— Principal Devan Ganeshananthan

Ella Friel

Throwing our hats in the air was kind of when I realized this is actually happening. It was like pure joy in that moment.

— Willa Blair (’23)